Friday, April 15, 2011

Crocheted Yoke Dress

Project Details
The inspiration for this project was a crocheted yoke top I saw in the display window of Delia’s Clothing Store.  It was an AH-HA moment because I had a similar crocheted yoke pattern from Berroco Yarn I had downloaded for free in 2009!  Now I went to Joann’s to buy fabric for the top and to my pleasant surprise I found a fabric very similar to the fabric featured in the Delia top! You will soon notice I decided to make a dress instead of a top.  I had enough fabric for dress length and just could not bear to cut it to top length! (LOL) I did not own a maxi length dress.

My Crocheted Yoke Dress


Delia's Clothing Store Top

Pattern: Nell from http://www.berroco.com
Yarn: 1 Skein Caron Spa , 0007 Naturally
Notions: 1 ½ Yard Black Flowered Chiffon, 1 ½ Yard of Black Lining, ¼ Yard White Swinsuit Lining
Hook: Size D (3.25 mm)
Pattern Sizing: I made an X-small at 32 bust.


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done?  Yes, with some changes.

Were the instructions easy to follow? The pattern instructions were easy to follow. This pattern uses several odd crochet stitches: 4DCTOG, 5DCTOG and 9DCTOG but the instructions are very clear on how to construct these stitches.


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  The yoke was very quick to crochet.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: The yoke of the top I saw at Delia’s was lined.  The Nell pattern yoke was not lined but I decided to line my yoke.  I used stretchy white swinsuit lining to line my yoke.


Would you made it again: No, this in a one time project.

Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I would recommend this pattern to others.


Conclusion: I cannot wait to wear this dress!

3 comments:

bitosweets4all said...

Your dress turned out lovely!
I found that very pattern from Berroco yesterday in my search for a child's yoke pattern. (I loved it so much, I finished my version (downsized for my grand daughter) this morning and can hardly wait to pair it with some fabric!). I found your site while still searching for a suitable yoke pattern today.

susana said...

how did you find it???, what was the keyword???, I couldn't find it, please let me know at sudzui@yahoo.com, thank you

Regina Gee said...

Susana the yoke pattern for this dress can be found at this link: http://www.berroco.com/patterns/nell.